Black lined board for luxury boxes
Eska®mono black is a black lined greyboard. It is extremely suitable for luxury boxes with a black inside. The material lays flat and stays flat. Eska®mono black is lined with a deep-black glossy liner on one side.
Due to its liner Eska®mono black has a deep black even surface and is easy to process into distinctive luxury boxes with a black interior.
The grey internal layer is made of 100% recycled fibres (post consumer). The black liner is made from virgin fibres. Eska®mono black is fully recyclable.
- CD and DVD boxes
- Gift boxes
- Boxes for spirits and wines
- Display packaging
- Sample books
- Cosmetics and perfume packaging
- Chocolate boxes (secondary packaging)
- High stiffness
- Even surface
- Lays flat and stays flat
- Consistent calipers and sizes
- Optimal runability
- Easy to cut, die cut, crease, score, gouge, mill, punch, drill and emboss/deboss
Eska®mono black is available in calipers from 1.00 mm (0.040") up to and including 2.00 mm (0.080").
- Large sheets are available in any size from 500 x 500 mm (19 11/16 x 19 11/16") to 1200 x 1600 mm (47 1/4 x 63").
larger sizes on request
- Rotary cut sizes are available in any size from 100 x 150 mm (3 15/16 x 5 29/32) to 480 x 1370 mm (18 29/32 x 53 15/16").
- Die cut sizes and shapes on request
The Anatomy of Eska®mono black
Deep black and glossed liner made from virgin fibres
Greyboard made from 100% recycled fibres
Grey liner made from 100% recycled fibres
Technical specifications (indication)
|Product||Caliper According to
|Grammage According to
|Dynamic stiffness According to
|Bursting Strength According to
|COBB60 According to
|Eska®mono black||mm / inches *||gsm||MDmNm||CDmNm||topkPa||bottomkPa||max topg/m²/60sec||max bottomg/m²/60sec|
|1.00 / 0.040"||675||355||170||725||870||100|
|1.20 / 0.047"||785||495||235||780||920||100|
|1.50 / 0.060"||975||820||395||870||1005||100|
|1.70 / 0.067"||1075||1145||560||930||1055||100|
|2.00 / 0.080"||1275||1890||935||1015||1140||100|
* Eska®mono black is produced in mm; the inches in the list are not exact conversions of the calipers in mm, but the closest US equivalent.
|Caliper||See above||mm||< 1.5 mm
> = 1.5 mm
|+/- 0.05 mm (pallet average)
+/- 3% (pallet average)
|+/- 1 mm
+/- 0.25 mm
|CD max. 1.5%
MD max. 1.0%
CD max. 1.0%
MD max. 1.0%
CD - sheets < 1 m. max. 3 mm
- sheets > 1 m. max. 5 mm
MD max. 3 mm
|Moisture content||Eska®mono black||8.0% abs.||%||-1.5 % / +1.0%||(pallet average)||ISO 287|
FSC® mix (CU-COC-809179)
PEFC mixed (CU-PEFC-809179)
Foodstuffs and Consumer Goods Act
DIN EN 71, part 3 (safety and toys)